Monday 6 February 2012

Reflection.

Throughout the four technical blocks I have learned and developed lots of new techniques, I would say I came into each of the blocks expecting something different and was surprised at how quickly I got into them. I had never printed before and I think because it was my first block I was a little intimidated by it, looking back I wish I had have gone into it with confidence and a little less hesitance. My second block was weave which I enjoyed. I think I did really well in this block because of my love for putting things together and feeling the yarns. My third block was knit which I enjoyed too, minus my love hate relationship with the knitting machine! I had only ever hand knitted before and I was really pleased with my samples which were delicate and simple and retranslated well from my drawings. The last technical block, stitch, was different to what I anticipated, I didn't realise how much you could do,  my final samples for this I felt went really well, I took an idea and pushed it using different methods to make each one different but so that they still related. When I first started this blog I was a little shy of it, I had never blogged before, I'd always like to watch from afar (obsessing over any fashion related blog I could find). I am excited to carry on with my blog but I think there will be a few changes made. I think that the strengths of my blog is that there is something to read and it has depth, I find it annoying myself when other bloggers have great images but no writing about what they are, who they're by, what they're about. The weaknesses that my blog holds are that it is too simple, I need to make it more personal to me and my style. I also think i didn't put enough pictures up and that there were at time possibly too much writing. I think that the image:writing ratio was too low. My research for my blog was as good as i could have given it, I takes about what I knew and also about what I didn't previously know, I spent time at the exhibitions writing down what I thought would be most interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment